My Photo
Name:
Location: DownByTheRiver, Central Iowa, United States

Husband of the world's most wonderful wife, father of the world's four most brilliant children, grandfather to the world's eight most beautiful granddaughters and two handsomest grandsons

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Peace Like A River...


The RRR is often asked by others, and has often mused to himself, what is the reason he so loves the weeks he spends floating down rivers in rural Iowa? With today's devotions he found part of the answer:

"I will extend peace...like a river." Isaiah 66:12

Isaiah is speaking here concerning Jerusalem. While Gentile nations will be blessed "as a flowing stream", she shall have "peace like a river". In Christ the same blessing is ours. A river speaks of abundance, constancy, breadth, depth and progression. Our peace is described by the Lord as "my peace" and "peace that passeth understanding". As we would enjoy, physically, a riverside location, so too should we appreciate the peace that is ours in Christ. With our minds taken up with Him we will be kept in "perfect peace". -- Roy Hill

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows, like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul. -- H.G. Spafford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home