My Photo
Name:
Location: DownByTheRiver, Central Iowa, United States

Husband of the world's most wonderful wife, father of the world's four most brilliant children, grandfather to the world's eight most beautiful granddaughters and two handsomest grandsons

Friday, October 21, 2005

A Good Mystic Is Hard To Find


Today's thought from Thomas Merton, the Trappist monk and mystic.

"When I am liberated by silence, when I am no longer involved in the measurement of life, but in the living of it, I can discover a form of prayer in which there is effectively, no distraction.  My whole life becomes a prayer.  My whole silence is full of prayer.  The world of silence in which I am immersed contributes to my prayer."

page 93, Thoughts In Solitude

That's why the RRR takes long float trips down quiet rivers and hikes in the desert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home