My Photo
Name:
Location: DownByTheRiver, Central Iowa, United States

Husband of the world's most wonderful wife, father of the world's four most brilliant children, grandfather to the world's eight most beautiful granddaughters and two handsomest grandsons

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Ranger Visualization

The RRR shares the healing visualization he is currently using to deal with his Hepatitis C. Let me hasten to reassure my readers that I believe all healing ultimately comes from God. But I also believe God expects me to take what action I am able, whether medication, life style change or visualization.

I turn on the heating pad and tuck it up under my tee shirt over my abdomen on the right side and lean back in the recliner with my feet up. I do some deep cleansing breaths, in through the nose, out through the mouth. My consciousness becomes smaller and smaller, almost microscopic. I enter the ice choked cavern that is my diseased liver. The tunnels and caves (arteries, veins, and tubules) were lined with white ice, but with the volcanic heat (the heating pad) the ice (scar tissue) is melting and running down the red clay and rock walls and trickling away down the small fissures in the rock (the lymphatic system). I'm hunting hep c viruses. They are bright yellow, evil little flying reptiles with stinger tails and sharp teeth.

It's hot in the tunnels. I'm stripped down to jeans, a camo tee shirt and my jungle boots. An olive drab bandanna keeps the sweat out of my eyes. I'm carrying an A.L.I.C.E pack of ammo (herbal medicine) for my M 16. The Hep C's see me coming and try to flit away, I nail each one with a short burst. The braver leap at me and I blast them and they fall to the floor fluttering and kicking, flicking their stingers hopelessly. As they die, they desolve in the melting ice and are washed away. When attacked by too many, I drop the M 16 to dangle from its sling and snatch the pistol from my belt. Each shot kills another. When the pistol goes empty, I grab the K bar fighting knife and each swing takes off heads.

Sometimes the tunnels are large and echoing, sometimes so small I have to crawl through them. But the heat and melting never stop and I never stop going forward and doing battle.

The tunnel begins to cool, the timer on the electric heating pad has shut off. I quietly leave the tunnel. But more ice is gone. There are less Hep C's. I roll up the pad and go hug Mrs. RRR.

We will win.

We will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home